Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Black Skillet Frittata

I love this recipe because it is so easy and fun to make.  It is all made in one small black skillet and a bowl.  This means easy clean up.  Also, I enjoy varying the ingredients to make it taste different.  The recipe here can be varied by changing the vege's, adding or changing the meats, or simply changing the cheese in the recipe.  I think it is very healthy and adds quite a bit of protein to your diet.   It is also gluten free.   Try it, I think you will enjoy.

Preheat over to 375 degrees:

Ingredients:

Fluff  in a bowl and set aside:
5 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweet almond coconut milk
salt and pepper
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

In small black skillet:

Add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil  to saute your ingredients:  (Feel free to vary or change up)

1/4 cup bell pepper
1/8 cup onion
1/4 broccoli florets
1/4 cup chopped canadian bacon (or ham, etc.)
1 Tbls chopped tomatoes or salsa

Saute ingredients until soft.  Pour fluffed egg mixture on top of vegetables.  Let sit on hot eye that has been turned off  about 1 minute.  Place in the oven and cook 10 to 15 minutes.  Serve hot.

These amounts and ingredients can change.  My Mom is now on a soft foods diet and she likes it.  I serve this for breakfast, brunch or lunch.  Really anytime I need a quick meal.






No comments:

Post a Comment