Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Nita's Sweet Potato Pie

My friend Jo shared Nita's great recipe for Sweet Potato Pie. When I spoke with Nita she said I could share it.  I know you will love this.  This pie is easy and so good.  My Grandson JT2 loved it.

Just a couple of things about this recipe.  First, most sweetened condensed milk is gluten free.  About 90% of the varieties.  But to be on the safe side check the label and/or manufacturer.  Also, for those of you who like dairy free, then check out my recipe for making sweetened condensed milk gluten free and my way. 

The original recipe calls for sugar but I use coconut sugar because it does not raise your blood sugar so much.  Also, I use gluten free pie crusts.  I was not happy with the pie crusts this time.  They were quite hard and difficult to eat.  I will definitely try another brand next time.

Ingredients:

3 medium sweet potatoes baked and mashed
2 cups of sugar or  substitute equivalent in coconut sugar
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons of real g/f vanilla
1 stick of butter softened g/f

Steps:

Bake sweet potatoes in the oven until done.  Cool, peel and mash.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients in bowl with a mixer.
Pour into 2 g/f pie shells deep dish because it makes a lot.

Rim the crust with foil.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Remove Foil after baking and cool.

Eat and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment