Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Jo's Delicious Homemade Tomato Soup

My friend Jo who is visiting with me this week made this delicious tomato soup.  Yum, we made some tomato and bacon sandwiches to go with it.  I had to go back and get a second bowl it was so good.

We used the tomatoes we had on hand which was a combination of fresh and my organic frozen one's out of my garden freezer.  You can of course substitute a can of diced  tomatoes.   Hope you enjoy.


Ingredients:

4 Roma Tomatoes washed and diced
2 quart packages of my garden organic tomatoes thawed
2 Tablespoons EVOO or coconut oil
1 can of beef consume soup - organic or (substitute boullion cubes with 1 cup of water or any beef soup that you might have on hand)
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
Salt to taste

Steps:

Saute tomatoes in EVOO
Add in beef consume soup and other ingredients
Cook on low for about 20 to 30 minutes.

After cooking pour into  a blender or food processor and blend until almost smooth
We left it so there were bits of tomatoes. 
Put back in pot and cook an additional  15 minutes

Delicious.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment